Saturday, March 24, 2012

Project Life Weeks 8 + 9

Here's a look at weeks 8 & 9 for me.


Week 8  was Monday 1/16/12 - 1/22/12. On the first page this week I tried something new and used to vertical photos to make one horizontal 4x6. I did that for all 4 photos on this page. I think it worked out really well and is another great way for me to include more photos.  There is one insert this week that is 8.5 x 11 and includes an C-8 kindergarten update on the front. The back (shown below) is a MESA newsletter that shows the money made from the read-a-thon this year. I thought it might be interesting in years to come to look at this information. 


Another new thing I did this week, (I think it's the first time I've done it) I printed 2x3 or 1/4 of a 4x6 photos on put them on half of a 4x3 space. Again it allows me to include more photos. I really like how this week turned out! I was worried that they would look too small but I don't think that's the case at all!

Here is Week 9 for me which was Monday 1/23/12 - 1/29/12.


I wanted to the tell the longer story of trying to get the toy corner organized. So I included a 6x12 insert this week and included photos and journaling on it. I also included some digital embellishments. I created the whole thing in Photoshop and this time made sure to keep my photos on it at 4x3 then I printed the base w/o photos on matte photo paper and then printed the photos on 4x6 glossy paper and then adhered them to the base. I really like this method. It looks a little bit more like scrapbooking with the different layers and with the photos being on different paper. It probably shouldn't matter too much for this album because no one will ever notice and it takes more time to do but I do love the result. So I think I'll keep doing it this way going forward.


Above a close up of just the insert and below is the close up of the back. I did print the base at 8.5x6 and then added as strip of patterned paper to make up the total 12" of height.


The back of the 6x12 insert includes the journaling for the week and more photos that I wasn't able to fit anywhere else.


Above is the last page of week 9. I included a filler card from the core kit I have. I need to add in some more of these, I love the way it fits in! I have hard time weeding out photos though! I went to one of Katie's basketball games and I included my "admit one" ticket with journaling on it. I like that I remembered to include this!

So that's a look at weeks 8 & 9 for me. I can't tell you enough how much I'm loving this project! Hoping to keep up with it for the whole year! I just love to look at this and love that the kids like to look through it too!

No comments: