Friday, March 2, 2012

Project Life Week 4

Here's a look at Week 4 for me which was 12/19/11 - 12/25/11. A note about the photos, if you would like to view them larger, please click on them! This was the week that included Christmas so I had a lot of photos and journaling I wanted to include. My first insert was an 8.5x11 page protector. The front side is all journaling. I created this page in Photoshop. I used some notebook background paper and added the Christmas lights emblishments to the top and bottom. I love how this came out!


The back of the 8.5x11 insert is the letter Ben wrote to Santa this year and Santa's response on the bottom. This is the first year that Ben wrote his own letter! So excited to have this included in this album and not lost is some box somewhere .


The second insert is 6x12 and is the remainder of my journaling for the week. I did what I've done before and printed the main part 6x11 and added a strip of patterned paper to make the total size 6x12. I love the way this ends up looking!


The back of the 6x12 insert contains a copy of our Christmas card that I made this year. After this picture was taken, I added in a couple of my favorite Christmas cards to full up the space. The rest of the Christmas cards we received are stored in a Big Envelope pocket page right now, more on this later.


 The third and fourth inserts this week are Design G pocket pages. Most of the photos are from Christmas Eve and Christmas day. The journaling card on the front of the fourth insert shown above lists each of our favorite memories of Christmas Day. I wrote down Ben's but I asked him what he wanted me to write. I had John write down his own which was a great way to get a little bit of his handwriting into the album!


This is the back of the fourth insert and the last page. The last page also has the title card in it. The Title card is another vertical 4x6 card that I made from the Turquoise Digital kit. Lots and lots of photos for this week! One thing I did differently this week was to add some page embellishments. I printed out some of Michelle Coleman's (Little Dreamer Designs) Christmas tags and journaling blocks. I sized the round tags so that I could punch them out with a 1" circle punch. The other journaling tags where cut out by hand. I just added a few words here and there, where ever it struck me that I wanted to say something. Then I added in some of the circle tags. Not sure if I'm really in love with final product but I like that I tried something different and I like that this album will grow with me as I experiment and try new things. I do need to remember to keep it simple though and not to get bogged down trying to make my album fancy. It does make me happy to add some little details and spice it up some! It makes it a little bit more than just a photo album and more of a scrapbook, which is really the goal.

No comments: