Saturday, March 24, 2012

Project Life Weeks 5, 6 & 7

Here a look at Week 5, 12/26/11 - 12/31/11 for me. No inserts for me this week! I remember being a little worried about not having enough photos for this week after the last couple of weeks but it was nice not to have so many! I really like how this week looks!


I created another 4x6 vertical title card from pieces of the digital Turquoise kit. I also used the digital versions of the 3x4 journaling cards to type my journaling up in Photoshop before printing. Another new thing I did this week was to add some text directly to my photos in Photoshop.  I purchased some the Ali Edwards's kits of words and sayings and I'm very happy with the way they came out. I do think I went a little bit overboard though. Not every photo should have text on it! Too distracting! Another new idea I tried this week was to create little handwritten journaling tags by punching out tags from the grid journaling card with the Stampin' Up! Decorative Label punch. I would write my little notes and then cut off the extra and adhere the tag directly to the photo! I love this look and will definitely continue this on in the album. I love the text on the photos too but I'll try to use it a little bit more sparingly.


Here is a look at Week 6, 1/1/12 -1/7/12 for me.  More of the same design elements from last week, I made the 4x6 vertical title card. I added the Decorative Label punch tags with little journaling notes. I did not add any text to the photos this week. I think it was just of matter of forgetting to after I selected the photos and before I printed them. One thing I did do differently this week was to hand write my journaling on two 4x3 cards from the Core Kit. I tired to limit my journaling a little bit this week. In previous weeks I was spending a lot of time writing about what we did each day of the week. I decided that was really what I wanted to include every week. It was pretty time consuming. Also, some weeks (probably most weeks) I just want to talk about the highlights of week or just one story from the week. I'll see how this goes in the weeks to come.


Here's a look at Week 7, 1/8/12 - 1/15/12 for me. I included an 8.5x11 insert this week. Ben's teacher sent home this great page with two photos she took of him with a handwritten note and this was just the sort of special thing I like to include with my photos of the week. Something new for me this week, well sort of, I included some none photo memorabilia, part of a cake mix box and part of a nutty bar box. Not sure I like this short of thing but I'm giving it a try! I also included a 4x3 non-journaling design card.


Here is a look at the back side of the 8.5x 11 insert. I included one of the weekly letter we get home from Ben's teacher. It's an update letter of what they have going and and what they are working on. On the right side I used a title card from the Core Kit. I got a little crazy with the text on my photos on this page. Every photo has text on it. I think it's a little bit too much. I think this page prompted me to start sketching out my weeks on paper going forward and deciding from there which photos should have journaling. I love the look but not on every photo!

So this is what I have photographed so far. I'll post more as I get time!

No comments: