Thursday, September 11, 2008

Remembering 9/11/01, Unusual Animal Sightings, Ben @ 28 months & 10 years

I hope everybody has a chance to take a moment today and remember all the innocent lives lost on 9/11/01. I can't believe it's been 7 years already. In a lot of ways it seems as if it were only yesterday. Please take a moment to remember the lives that were lost and their families. Also please take a moment to say a big "THANK YOU" and remember to support our troops serving our country and protecting the wonderful freedom we take for granted everyday.

A correction for my sister Holly. She is in the northern Indian Ocean, close to the Arabian Sea supporting our troops on the ground in Afghanistan for Operation Enduring Freedom. She is amazing and I'm so proud of her! I love her and miss her so much! THANK YOU Holly! And to the whole crew and fleet of the USS Ronald Reagen, thanks for taking care of my precious sister and the wonderful freedom I enjoy everyday!

I have had the unique pleasure of seeming some really unusual animal sightings lately. Not uncommon but definitely not every day or every year for that matter! A few weeks ago after dropping Ben off at Tammy's I saw a fairly good size bear cross the road (Upper Plains Rd) and head into the woods just north of Kampersville. Yesterday morning on the way home at the intersection of Halladay and Three Mile Bridge Roads, I saw a weasel run across the road and then yesterday afternoon saw a bobcat on the steep part of the house driveway. He headed off into the woods toward the shop and then when I got home, I ran into Phil heading out down the driveway and he said they saw it when they came home laying on the dirt pile! Awesome! I just wish I had my camera handy in the car and right by my eye (yeah right!) all those times! I'll have to put it in the car with me for now on but then of course I won't see anything anymore!

Just a quick note for my new Stampin' Up! Business. (I'm now officially a demonstrator, I have all my stuff!) Online ordering is now available. I put a link to the right for both my Stampin' Up! website and direct link to my online ordering page. You now can order anytime without hosting a workshop! But I'd still love to do a workshop in your home so give me a call or email me!

So Ben is officially 28 months now (as of the 9th) and he is communicating with us so well now. And his memory is just amazing! He just blows me away with what he remembers. Tuesday we were checking on the chickens and discovered another one died by getting caught by the neck in the space between the front of the laying boxes and the side. So John was up to help we figure out what we could do to fix it. Ben was helping by holding the tape measure (one of his favorite things to play with) and he started talking about going down and driving the excavator with the tape measure in it. So two days previously we had been down at the shop "driving" the big excavator and he discovered a tape measure down by the seat and now he remembers it and wants to go "drive" it again because it has a take measure in it. Ever time we drive by Rosie's he points it out and says he want to get dressed and go have "hambbaburgers, fries and applesauce" at Rosie's. One day several weeks ago, we stopped at the East Middlebury General Store and got popcorn and a Gatorade after dropping some mail off at the Post Office and now every time we go to the Post Office he asks me if we can go to the store and get a Gatorade. He just blows me away with how awesome his memory is! And of course mine is soooo terrible! He also has been saying some really cute things lately. He'll be searching for something and I'll say "Whatcha looking for?" and he'll say "Somesing" and I'll "Where is the something?" and he'll say "Somewhere". It's so cute! Another thing that he has been saying alot is "Oh Yeah" I'll say look at (fill in the blank)" and he'll say "Oh Yeah" with the last syllable really drawn out and in a very surprised drawn out sound. It is so cute and it really makes me smile! I got these cute pictures just the other morning. He thought it was hilarious that Nerwin was laying in his Bob the Builder puzzle box.





So tomorrow John and I will have been married 10 years! Happy Anniversary John! I love you more today then I could every express in words! To celebrate, we are all heading to Maine for the weekend. We hope to leave around midday tomorrow and we'll be back on Sunday night. I'll looking forward to a little time away with my boys! I'm excited to show Ben the ocean and the beach. I can't wait to see what he thinks. The weather forecast looks dismal but what else is new! Speaking of that, I can't wait for the first freeze! What! You say, Why? So the MOSQUITOES will go away!!! I'm so tired of feeding them!

So I'll be sure to take lots of pictures and post about our weekend next week. But for now, I'm off to get work done and get ready for the weekend. The most blog entries I've ever posted in a month is 4 since I've started so I'm aiming for 5 this month! I'm on my way!

On other last quick thing to leave you with. My first card of completely all Stampin' Up stuff to share with you.


That's it for now! More next week! I hope :)!

No comments: