Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The "ROCKET MAN" Sir Elton John

It was....AWESOME! It was...AMAZING! I'm so glad I got tickets and got to go. I debated on whether to go earlier in the day. I took Ben to a hair cut at 10 in the morning and it was a disaster. Petri bird at Mary's had past away so there was nothing for him to sit and look at like last time. I had to hold his hands and head and he screamed the whole time. So his hair looks better but it's not very even! Anyway, I then drove to Tammy's and about half way there he started to stay "I want to go my house" over and over. I got him out of the truck and he felt warm and then Tammy took his temperature and it was 101.5 (that explained some the haircut fiasco) and he obviously did not want to be there, so we came home. Had some motrin and lunch but he won't go down for a nap. I tried for 3 hours. The motrin brought his temperature down but it didn't really take it away. But he was actually in pretty good spirits, despite a fever and no nap, so I decide to go. Sarah Kaufmann was watching him and she has lots of experience. Unfortunately she had wanted to sleep till we got home and he didn't go to bed or sleep really well. Anyway, it all worked out. Ben was fine, the concert was great. The weather held and it was an absolutely beautiful night. Perfect temperature, no rain (thank goodness). Our seats were OK, thanks in part to being right below one of the giant screens. We were up close in the front but way off to the right side so we couldn't see about a third of the stage. But the screen made up for it and it was just awesome. I had seen Elton when he and Billy Joel toured together. I can't remember who I saw him with but it was in Montreal in the big stadium up there and we were really far away. So it was so great to be so close to such a legend. I have loved his music forever and still do. But now I need to get back to work since I didn't get anything done yesterday. I just wanted to write down a few things while it was fresh in my mind. Go here for the online article about the concert on the Burlington Free Press website. Patty took some pictures with her camera phone but she wasn't sure how to get them to me. We took pictures of ourselves with the big screen and Elton behind us. If she figures it out, I'll be sure to post them on the blog! By the way, Ben is better today. His fever broke sometime after 3am because we both finally got some sleep from 3:30 am to 8:30 am. He still has the running nose and cold that he developed over the weekend but I can deal with that!

No comments: