Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Pass gas on the potty and "Nope, I'm good"

It's late and I really should be going to bed because I'm exhausted and Ben did not sleep well last night. He is cutting is two year molars! Yippee! Poor guy! But the funniest and cutest thing happened tonight and I just wanted to write it down before I forgot, which would be by morning I'm sure. After bath tonight, I asked him if he wanted to go to the bathroom on the potty, he was willing to sit on the big potty with the insert in and sit on the little potty. (But he didn't do anything) He loves to have a little square of toilet paper and he pretends to wipe then throws it in the big potty and wants to flush it. So I let him have a piece and when he asked for a second, I said he had to go in the potty first, so he scrunches all up and passes a little gas and then asks for some paper. So give it to him, thinking just a coincidence. Well he does it again! and again! At least four times! By the third time it's getting hard for him to squeeze out some gas, so his face is getting all scrunched up and working hard and I just couldn't help laughing out loud. It was so funny! And I'm sure a complete "you had to be there moment" but it was one I didn't want to forget so I'm typing away at the computer with my tired eyes all blurry just so I can record it and never forget it! Priceless!

On another note, today he started coming out with the phrase "nope, I'm good."

Me "Do you want to use the potty?"
Ben "Nope, I'm good"

Me "Do you want some more dinner?"
Ben "Nope, I'm good"

Me "Do you want to read another story?"
Ben "Nope, I'm good"

Me "Do you want to go to bed?"
Ben "Nope, I'm good."

:) It's the little moments that mean so much!

Hopefully an update of the last few month and weekends coming soon!

No comments: