Tuesday, January 8, 2008

A start

Well I've done it. I've jumped on the blogging band wagon. Why you might ask? First, I really want to document and remember our everyday lives. I want to get those memories in scrapbooks for myself because I love looking at them. But I don't have much time to scrapbook. So I thought, if I recorded a few memories here with photos and printed it out it would allow me to remember the things to scrapbook when I do have the time. Why not just keep a journal? Well, I do sort of and that leads to the second reason, sharing our photos and events with family and friends. We have some many contacts spread all over the country that want to know how we are doing and how Ben is growing but to keep up by email is very time consuming. I'm also terrible about sharing the photos I take. So that leads to this blog. I'll jot down some memories for me to remember and post some photos and thoughts to share with family and friends and hopefully spend less time and feel better about it than I do know.

I've been an avidly reading the blogs of some of my favorite scrapbook celebritys for at least a year now and that has really inspired me to keep track of our everyday daily routine lives more. For no special reason other than I just want to be able to look back in 10, 20 years and remember those little things that I know I'll forget. Plus I wanted a place I could share photos with friends and family easier.

So here it goes! I hope I can keep up with it. Not take too much time but still record some moments and photos that I want to remember forever.

On that note, last weekend John was able to move Ben swing into the basement. He was able to attach it to holes that already existed in the short metal beam. Here's what it looks like
(Look at all that stuff to deal with in the background!)Ben absolutely loves it! He has always loved to swing of course but now (especially with the winter weather) he can't get enough of it! I timed him yesterday and he swang for 22 minutes before he was even remotely interested in getting out! He calls it "winging". He gets this pleading look on his face and says to me "winging?" It is sooo cute! My heart just melts. He trys to squeeze under the gate and to go downstairs and gets so excited when I say ok..lets go winging!

Is that a happy face or what!

So that is it for today. My first blog entry and hopefully the first of many more. If you take the time to read it, be sure to leave a comment and let me know!

Ta Ta for now!
Heather

No comments: