Sunday, June 22, 2008

It's been a LONG while....

In some ways it amazes me that it's been two and half months since I've made the time to post but when I sat down and tried to make a list of all that's gone on in the time, I'm not so amazed! It's just been crazy but good. Anyway, what better thing to do on a crummy raining Sunday than sit down and get this blog up to date! I don't know if I'll make it through the whole list because the post might get really long especially since I've taken hundreds of photos too. But here it goes anyway and I'll see how far I get!

April

  • Sugaring wrapped up with a good year for us. We made about 365 gallons which is very close to the 4:1 average for a good year.
  • I took another online digital scrapbooking class with Jessica Sprague. It was her advanced class called Digi In Deep. I didn't get all 8 layouts done but I did complete 4. Here they are




  • I have the 1st and 2nd framed together for my dad for Father's day. If you are interested in checking out Jessica's website and her classes go here's the link.
  • We celebrated Sarah Kaufmann's 18th birthday with her on the 12th of April.
  • Some where in there we spent a weekend washing tubing. On Saturday, John and Tim washed tubing and on Sunday it was Evan, Shane, Larry, Doug, John and myself (with Ben in the backpack) It was good to get it all done and clean up on time this year. Here is a picture of all of our syrup samples for the year (4/13)
  • Another cute picture from 4/13
  • These are from 4/14, spaghetti face singing itsy bitsy spider
  • Self portrait taken with the timer on the deck (I haven't edited any of these photos. These are all as taken Agh!) 1st one taken 4/16 2nd one taken 4/18
  • Full Moon Photo taken on 4/18
  • On 4/24 we traveled to NJ for a mini family reunion with John's immediate family. It was a great weekend and deserves a whole posts all by it's self. But here are a couple group photos.
  • I picked up ten new baby chickens the day before we left for NJ and took them out to Patty house so she could take care of them while we were gone. 4 for me and 6 for patty. Here a picture of them on the 3oth when I got them home.
The apple blossoms started budding the end of April (4/30) and some cute photos of Ben and John.
Well that pretty much sums up April. I'm going to publish this post and then do another about our weekend in NJ.

No comments: